Business Development Lead Job Description
About Mutual Capital Analytics
At Mutual Capital Analytics (MCA), our mission is to help all mutual insurance companies transform their businesses using data and analytics. We help our clients build, implement, and optimize analytics throughout their company to drive improvements and thrive in their markets.
As Mutual Capital Analytics continues to develop as an organization and serve client needs in the P&C Insurance, analytics, product, and process engineering space, we are in search of an experienced Business Development Lead to help grow and enhance our relationships across the industry.
The ideal candidate is responsible for developing and fostering new client relationships that would benefit from MCA’s core offerings. In this role you will take the lead on executing business development strategies, be accountable for new client revenue generation, and expand our sales approach through all available channels. This individual will successfully position MCA as the strategic partner our current clients know and trust.
- Engage with prospective and active clients to execute a needs-based sales discipline at MCA.
- Steward MCA relationships by facilitating prospective client discussions, understanding their needs, and offering MCA’s services to help clients succeed.
- Tailor prospecting discussions based on client needs and collaborate with MCA team members to package offerings that appeal to potential customers.
- Prioritize, manage, and report on sales progress using MCA CRM tools and analytical frameworks.
- Anticipate client needs through industry research, prospecting models, and networking conversations.
- Facilitate strategic partnerships with key vendors, including data, product, technology vendors, and reinsurers.
- Nurture sales through referral strategies, conference presence, and other relationship-strengthening settings.
Education and Qualifications:
- 3+ years of Business Development experience with insurance carrier or intermediary.
- 5+ years relevant experience within the P&C industry, either in product, underwriting, reinsurance, vendor, or related backgrounds.
- Entrepreneurial acumen: a visionary who takes ownership to seize opportunities. Understands MCA’s mutual carrier client base and knows what prospects MCA will most successfully support.
- Social skills required to manage relationships, understand motivations, and desired outcomes.
- Organizational ability to manage sales discipline, report progress, plan, and execute with confidence.
- Communication with internal and external stakeholders to create alignment around MCA’s offering.
Job Requirements and Work Environment:
- Ability to work effectively in a hybrid office environment, balancing in-office and remote work.
- Up to 25% travel to industry conference forums at a national and state level, as well as in-person prospect visits.