Pricing Analyst Job Description
About Mutual Capital Analytics
At Mutual Capital Analytics (MCA), our mission is to help all mutual insurance companies transform their businesses using data and analytics. We help our clients build, implement, and optimize analytics throughout their company to drive improvements and thrive in their markets.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for building many of the foundational capabilities that are required for MCA to successfully partner with our long-term clients. Your data-driven pricing insights will be relied on across technical builds, research, and analysis as we gauge the impact of rate changes on our clients’ product performance and make recommendations that can take their business to the next level of profitability.
- Complete data transformation for premium/loss, production, and/or quote datasets in support of client activities.
- Research and analyze state and LOB pricing initiatives. Recommend actionable insights clients can utilize to improve business performance.
- Perform competitor filing reviews to identify opportunities for enhanced product improvements.
- Create and maintain internal documentation of technical requirements for data transformation deliverables.
- Develop sensitivity analyses to interpret impacts of rate changes on policyholders, backed by data-driven recommendations for business actions.
- Build out internal analytical capabilities and perform ongoing ad-hoc analysis to assess our clients’ product performance, extract new product insights, and recommend options based on potential benefits.
- Improve efficiency of analytics using internal and external tools to focus on high-value findings and recommendations.
- Actively monitor top and bottom-line results for clients.
Education and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Business, Engineering, or another quantitative field.
- Highly analytical; excel at leveraging customer research and analytics to drive product decisions.
- Ability to work effectively with people at all levels in an organization.
- Strong technology background; familiarity working with tools such as SQL, R, and Python is a plus
- Comfortable with change, ambiguity, debate, conflict, experimentation and informed risk-taking.
Job Requirements and Work Environment:
- Ability to work effectively in a hybrid office environment, balancing in-office and remote workdays
- Ability to travel when necessary (approximately 5-10%)