Pricing Intern Job Description
About Mutual Capital Analytics
At Mutual Capital Analytics (MCA), our mission is to help all mutual insurance companies transform their businesses using data and analytics. We help our clients build, implement, and optimize analytics throughout their company to drive improvements and thrive in their markets
The ideal candidate will be a self-motivated individual with a strong passion for data and analytics. During the internship, you will complete a self-contained project with strong mentorship from the MCA team. In doing so, you will learn about the latest analytic techniques as they apply to the mutual insurance industry directly from industry leaders. You will gain business insight and experience in a small company environment by engaging with all levels of leadership throughout MCA.
- Complete data transformation for premium/loss, production, and/or quote datasets in support of client activities.
- Research and analyze state and LOB pricing initiatives. Recommend actionable insights clients can utilize to improve business performance.
- Perform competitor filing reviews to identify opportunities for enhanced product improvements.
- Build out internal analytical capabilities and perform ongoing ad-hoc analysis to assess our clients’ product performance, extract new product insights, and recommend options based on potential benefits.
- Improve efficiency of analytics using internal and external tools to focus on high-value findings and recommendations.
- Actively monitor top and bottom-line results for clients
Education and Qualifications:
- Working towards Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Business, Engineering, Mathematics, or another quantitative field.
- Highly analytical; excel at leveraging customer research and analytics to drive product decisions.
- Ability to work effectively with people at all levels in an organization.
- Interest in and willingness to enhance technical skills; familiarity working with tools such as SQL, R, and Python is a plus.
- Comfortable with change, ambiguity, debate, conflict, experimentation, and informed risk taking.
Job Requirements and Work Environment:
- Ability to work effectively in a hybrid office environment, balancing in-office and remote workdays.