Product Manager Job Description
About Mutual Capital Analytics
At Mutual Capital Analytics (MCA), our mission is to help all mutual insurance companies transform their businesses using data and analytics. We help our clients build, implement, and optimize analytics throughout their company to drive improvements and thrive in their markets.
The ideal candidate will combine strategic product thinking with data-driven analysis to help MCA launch the next generation of insurance product initiatives. In this role you will develop strategic insurance products and improve our analytics capabilities to power client performance.
- Build out analytics capabilities and perform ongoing ad-hoc analysis to assess our clients’ product performance and extract new product insights.
- Actively monitor top and bottom-line results for clients using internal or external tools and platforms.
- Benchmark competitor products using the latest market expertise.
- Lead the implementation of strategic insurance product initiatives, monitor results in market and optimize over time.
- Develop and nurture relationships with clients and provide thought leadership across the mutual insurance industry.
- Proactively seek out 3rd party vendors to evaluate developing capabilities.
- Partner with MCA client leadership team to achieve organizational buy-in on key product efforts.
Education and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Business, Engineering, or another quantitative field.
4 or more years of P&C experience; personal lines and small commercial strongly preferred.
- Highly analytical; excel at leveraging customer research and analytics to drive product decisions.
- Ability to work effectively with people at all levels in an organization.
- Strong technology background; familiarity working with tools such as SQL, R, and Python is a plus.
- Comfortable with change, ambiguity, debate, conflict, experimentation, and informed risk-taking.
- Demonstrate excellent leaderships skills; naturally collaborative, excelling at influencing without direct authority.
Job Requirements and Work Environment:
- Ability to work effectively in a hybrid office environment, balancing in-office and remote workdays
- Ability to travel when necessary (approximately 5-10%)