Senior Actuarial Analyst Job Description
About Mutual Capital Analytics
At Mutual Capital Analytics (MCA), our mission is to help all mutual insurance companies transform their businesses using data and analytics. We help our clients build, implement, and optimize analytics throughout their company to drive improvements and thrive in their markets.
With MCA’s recent expansion into Actuarial services, the ideal candidate will be integral in building out functionality to deliver on a variety of actuarial projects for our clients. Reporting directly to MCA’s Chief Actuary, you will be involved in everything from data intake and manipulation to making actuarial selections and recommendations and presenting those to clients.
- Build out internal actuarial capabilities and perform ongoing reviews and analyses to assess our clients’ product performance, extract new product insights, and recommend options based on projected benefits.
- Complete pricing studies, reserve reviews, trend analyses, predictive modeling projects, and a variety of other ad hoc client work.
- Meet with clients to understand their data structure, share findings along the way, and present your final work product.
- Meaningfully contribute toward MCA’s Advanced Analytics agenda by participating on and leading Predictive Modeling projects.
- Complete data transformation for premium/loss, production, and/or quote datasets in support of client activities.
- Create and maintain internal documentation of technical requirements for data transformation deliverables.
Education and Qualifications:
- 3+ years of experience in actuarial or analytical P&C insurance roles.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Actuarial Science, Mathematics, Data Science, or another quantitative field.
- No minimum exam requirement, but actuarial exam progress and intent to pursue ACAS or FCAS is a plus
- Highly analytical; excel at leveraging customer research and analytics to drive product decisions.
- Strong communicator; able to explain technical concepts to non-technical audiences.
- Predictive modeling experience is not required but is a plus
- Ability to work effectively with people at all levels in an organization.
- Strong technology background; familiarity working with tools such as SQL, R, Power BI, Tableau, or Python is a plus.
Job Requirements and Work Environment:
- Ability to work effectively in a hybrid office environment, balancing in-office and remote workdays.
- Ability to travel when necessary (approximately 5-10%).
- For candidates who are pursuing an actuarial designation, MCA will provide exam support in the form of study time and fees for exams, materials, and seminars, as well as incentives for passing exams.